Re: Creating an application that supports postgresql-odbc

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Creating an application that supports postgresql-odbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 08/10/2015 12:03 PM, Brian Sullivan wrote:
> Hello,
>
>                  I maintain a company application that queries various
> databases for predetermined information and saves it locally on the
> user’s computer in a neater format for upload to a server.  We support
> as many database types as possible and recently added the capability to
> support PostgreSQL but the connection to the database can only be
> established if the user has the drivers downloaded from:
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/
>
> The project is built in VS2010.  Can you assist me in this effort?  How
> do I package your drivers in with my application?  The installation is a
> clickonce installation.

Out of my area of expertise but this looks promising:

http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/

mm/

   This directory contains the driver and supporting dlls (but not the
   documentation) in a Windows Installer Merge Module for inclusion in
third
   party installers.

Also in the source download there is a winbuild directory, in which is
contained a readme.txt that explains how to build on Windows. There are
caveats about using VS 2010 though.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com