Re: pg_basebackup: wal streaming can only be used in plain mode

От John Scalia
Тема Re: pg_basebackup: wal streaming can only be used in plain mode
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mitchell,

If you look in the documentation, you'll see that the streaming mode requires a second replication connection. So, how would you integrate two separate channels into one tar input? Also, as the stream and backup aren't synchronized, there wouldn't be any way to isolate those in a tarball. True, they don't explicitly call this out, but if you think about it only the -X f mode (fetch) makes any sense. This is why I always use the fetch mode when writing to tar.

FWIW,
Jay