Re: Hi, Friends, are there any ETL tools (free or commercial) available for PostgreSQL?

От Tony Theodore
Тема Re: Hi, Friends, are there any ETL tools (free or commercial) available for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 09/10/2013, at 11:03 PM, Tony Theodore <tony.theodore@gmail.com> wrote:

On 09/10/2013, at 8:39 PM, raghu ram <raghuchennuru@gmail.com> wrote:

ETL Tools for PostgreSQL::

Definition: An ETL process data to load into the database from a flat file

A. Extract
B. Transform
C. Load

Not exactly an ETL tool, but I've recently felt a sense of liberation since switching to make/python/psql/wget... for my ETL needs. Make is probably the cornerstone as it handles dependencies (think foreign key ordering with schema introspection) and parallel loading in a very intuitive way.

Forgot to mention that I do something more like ELT. Postgres itself is the best Transform tool.

Cheers,

Tony