Re: [BUGS] BUG #11767: ODBC driver bug when fetching constant string columns

От Faith, Jeremy
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #11767: ODBC driver bug when fetching constant string columns
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM,  <keyurgovande(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> > >
> > > Bug reference:      11767
> > > Logged by:          Keyur Govande
> > > Email address:      keyurgovande(at)gmail(dot)com
> > > PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
> > You should update to 9.0.18, you are 3.5 years of bug fixes.
> >

> Ah I apologize, I chose the wrong version in the bug report dropdown. This
> bug was observed with the latest driver: psqlodbc-09.03.0300 connecting to
> a Postgres server 9.1.14.

I can confirm that this bug exists in psqlodbc-09.03.0300 connecting to PostgreSQL 9.3.5.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=psqlodbc.git;a=blob;f=pgtypes.c;h=4ce7636b69d371d9f511d492c68013f070e3b32a;hb=HEAD#l665

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=psqlodbc.git;a=blob;f=pgtypes.c;h=4ce7636b69d371d9f511d492c68013f070e3b32a;hb=HEAD#l1275

> > > Thoughts? This is not a problem when using the Vertica ODBC driver for
> > > example.
> > >
> > > A temporary workaround is to use a cast thusly: SELECT id, varchar_col,
> > > date_col, varchar 'random string' as random;
> > > This was reported to the PHP project (
> > https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=68087)
> > > but it seems like a Postgres ODBC driver bug.
> > pgsql-odbc is more adapted for a bug report on the ODBC driver. I am
> > moving the thread there.
> > --
> > Michael

Jeremy Faith
Tyco Safety Products/CEM Systems Ltd.

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you
arenot the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any
actionin respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
senderimmediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.

От: Washington Leung
Сообщение: Local SQL connection PsotgreSQL in cloud
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11767: ODBC driver bug when fetching constant string columns