Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/23/15 5:18 AM, Thakur, Sameer wrote:
> Hello,
>> >logged > 25 times
> Sorry, it is much lower at 7 times. Does not change overall point though

I think it's related to the problem of figuring out how many dead tuples
you expect to find in the overall heap, which you need to do to have any
hope of this being a comprehensive estimate.

My inclination at this point is to provide a simple means of providing
the raw numbers and let users test it in the wild. A really crude method
of doing that might be to trap SIGINFO (if we're not using it already)
and elog current status.