pg_upgrade + Ubuntu

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема pg_upgrade + Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

Simple problem (I think):

9.4 version of pg_upgrade said:
 "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.4/bin/pg_ctl" -w -l "pg_upgrade_server.log" -D
"/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main" -o "-p 9400 -b -c synchronous_commit=off
-c fsync=off -c full_page_writes=off  -c listen_addresses='' -c
unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c
unix_socket_directories='/var/lib/postgresql'" start

postgres cannot access the server configuration file
"/var/lib/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf": No such file or directory

The issue is Debian/Ubuntu etc... don't have a postgresql.conf in the
cluster. They keep it separately in /etc/postgresql.

Could we get a flag that allows us to specifically point to where the
conf filesare?

JD