Re: pgsql: Replace our hacked version of ax_pthread.m4 with latest upstream

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Replace our hacked version of ax_pthread.m4 with latest upstream
Дата
Re: pgsql: Replace our hacked version of ax_pthread.m4 with latest upstream  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
On 07/08/2015 11:39 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
>> I'm debugging this ATM. You're probably seeing a failure similar to
>> shearwater. The problem seems to be that the earlier autoconf tests add
>> "-lrt" to LIBS, and that somehow pulls in pthread_join() and other
>> functions, but not pthread_sigmask(), even when not compiling with -pthread.
>
>> I'll dig a bit deeper, but I think that could be fixed by moving the
>> AX_PTHREAD call in the configure script earlier, or by temporarily
>> clearing LIBS before calling it.
>
> Ah.  The former sounds sensible from here.

Pushed that. Should make shearwater happy, but I'm not very sure what
the problem on gharial is. -lrt is not used there, but one of the other
libraries is having a similar effect there.

> This kind of points up that I've always thought the advice at the top of
> configure.in is a tad broken:
>
> dnl 0. Initialization and options processing
> dnl 1. Programs
> dnl 2. Libraries
> dnl 3. Header files
> dnl 4. Types
> dnl 5. Structures
> dnl 6. Compiler characteristics
> dnl 7. Functions, global variables
> dnl 8. System services
>
> Why isn't "Compiler characteristics" a lot earlier in the list, certainly
> before "Libraries"?

Hmm, yeah, although it's not clear what category the pthread check falls
into.

- Heikki

Сообщение: pgsql: Move pthread-tests earlier in the autoconf script.
Сообщение: pgsql: Move pthread-tests earlier in the autoconf script.