Re: pgsql: Replace our hacked version of ax_pthread.m4 with latest upstream

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Replace our hacked version of ax_pthread.m4 with latest upstream
Дата
Re: pgsql: Replace our hacked version of ax_pthread.m4 with latest upstream  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-committers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> I'm debugging this ATM. You're probably seeing a failure similar to
> shearwater. The problem seems to be that the earlier autoconf tests add
> "-lrt" to LIBS, and that somehow pulls in pthread_join() and other
> functions, but not pthread_sigmask(), even when not compiling with -pthread.

> I'll dig a bit deeper, but I think that could be fixed by moving the
> AX_PTHREAD call in the configure script earlier, or by temporarily
> clearing LIBS before calling it.

Ah.  The former sounds sensible from here.

This kind of points up that I've always thought the advice at the top of
configure.in is a tad broken:

dnl 0. Initialization and options processing
dnl 1. Programs
dnl 2. Libraries
dnl 3. Header files
dnl 4. Types
dnl 5. Structures
dnl 6. Compiler characteristics
dnl 7. Functions, global variables
dnl 8. System services

Why isn't "Compiler characteristics" a lot earlier in the list, certainly
before "Libraries"?