Re: BUG #17584: SQL crashes PostgreSQL when using ICU collation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17584: SQL crashes PostgreSQL when using ICU collation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 8:21 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Hmm, but if we're enlarging the buffer, doesn't that imply
>> a new input value?  Seems like invalidation must occur anyway.

> Yeah, on second thought it should be invalidated anyway (I had to
> check because the details of how we cache strxfrm() and strcoll() are
> tricky). Even still, I think that we should just use repalloc for
> this.

Works for me.  I'll see about pushing the fix tomorrow.  Thanks
for the additional investigation!

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17584: SQL crashes PostgreSQL when using ICU collation
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17584: SQL crashes PostgreSQL when using ICU collation