Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Дата
Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-07-02 PM 03:12, Fujii Masao wrote:

> So I'm thinking that we basically need to check the progress on each
> standby to choose new master.

Does HA software determine a standby to promote based on replication progress
or would things be reliable enough for it to infer one from the quorum setting
specified in GUC (or wherever)? Is part of the job of this patch to make the
latter possible? Just wondering or perhaps I am completely missing the point.

Thanks,
Amit

Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2