Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

От Beena Emerson
Тема Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit wrote:

> Does HA software determine a standby to promote based on replication
> progress
> or would things be reliable enough for it to infer one from the quorum
> setting
> specified in GUC (or wherever)? Is part of the job of this patch to make
> the
> latter possible? Just wondering or perhaps I am completely missing the
> point.

Deciding the failover standby is not exactly part of this patch but we
should be able to set up a mechanism to decide which is the best standby to
be promoted.

We might not be able to conclude this from the sync parameter alone.

As specified before in some cases an async standby could also be most
eligible for the promotion.

-----

--

Beena Emerson