Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/29/2015 06:02 AM, ben.play wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We have a PG database with more than 400 GB of data.
> At this moment, a cron runs each ten minutes and updates about 10 000 lines
> with complex algorithms in PHP.
>
> Each time the cron runs, the website is almost down because some queries
> have to make an update on the FULL table...
>
> Therefore, I'm asking if it's possible to duplicate my main database on a
> slave server in order to run these cron on this second server... then,
> replicate these changes on the main database (master).
>
> Which replication is the best in this case ?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/warm-standby.html ?
>
> Do you have any links or tutorial which explain this kind of operation ?

I should have been clearer in my original post. What you want is not
possible using the procedures found at the link you posted. What you are
looking for is Master to Master replication. This is not something I
have done, so I am not the person to offer detailed advice on that
particular style of replication. I do know that this list sees a lot of
activity with regard to
BDR(http://bdr-project.org/docs/stable/index.html) which provides Master
to Master replication.

--