Which replication is the best for our case ?

От ben.play
Тема Which replication is the best for our case ?
Дата
Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?  (Arthur Silva <arthurprs@gmail.com>)
Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,

We have a PG database with more than 400 GB of data.
At this moment, a cron runs each ten minutes and updates about 10 000 lines
with complex algorithms in PHP.

Each time the cron runs, the website is almost down because some queries
have to make an update on the FULL table...

Therefore, I'm asking if it's possible to duplicate my main database on a
slave server in order to run these cron on this second server... then,
replicate these changes on the main database (master).

Which replication is the best in this case ?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/warm-standby.html ?

Do you have any links or tutorial which explain this kind of operation ?

Thanks a lot !