Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue
Дата
make depend (Re: Coming attractions: VPATH build; make variables issue)  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is an opportune time to sort out the use of the make variables
> CPPFLAGS and CFLAGS, which are used interchangeably in some places.
> Unfortunately, this would mean having to fix each of the targets

> dep depend:
>     $(CC) -MM $(CFLAGS) *.c >depend

Why?  Shouldn't CFLAGS include CPPFLAGS?  These targets seem correct
to me as they stand ... other than assuming CC is gcc, but nevermind
that...