Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test

От Gregory Gerard
Тема Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
If I may ask what were your top three candidates before choosing the intel?

Also why not just plan a graceful switch to a replicated server? At some point you have to detect the drive is about to
go(or it just goes without warning). Presumably that point will be in a while and be coordinated with an upgrade like
9.2in a year.

Finally why not the pci based cards?

On Oct 2, 2011, at 16:33, David Boreham <david_list@boreham.org> wrote:

> On 10/2/2011 2:33 AM, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:
>>

>> Given the fact that you can get two 320's for the price of one 710, its probably always a bit difficult to actually
makethe choice (unless you want a fixed amount of disks and the best endurance possible for that).