Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test

От David Boreham
Тема Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/2/2011 2:33 AM, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:

> Given the fact that you can get two 320's for the price of one 710,
> its probably always a bit difficult to actually make the choice
> (unless you want a fixed amount of disks and the best endurance
> possible for that).

One thing I'd add to this is that the price/bit is more like 4X ($2k for
the 300G 710 vs $540 for the 300G 320).
The largest 710 drive is 300G whereas the largest 320 is 600G which may
imply that the 710's are twice
as over-provisioned as the 320. It may be that at present we're paying
2x for the relative over-provisioning
and another 2x to enjoy the better silicon and firmware. This hopefully
implies that prices will fall
in the future provided a credible competitor emerges (Hitachi??).

Сообщение: Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test
Сообщение: Re: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test