Re: Performances issues with SSD volume ?

От Thomas SIMON
Тема Re: Performances issues with SSD volume ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le 21/05/2015 14:57, Glyn Astill a écrit :
> [...]
pg_stat_activityto see what activity could be causing the disk i/o.  I assume you've tried to reproduce the disk issues
witha simple disk benchmark like bonnie++?
Yes, I think the same thing. Probably I will doing this tomorrow early
in the morning.
I tried to reproduce disk issues with different stress tests like
bonnie, fio, tsung, and I use a more realistic scenario with pgreplay to
reproduce my production trafic from postgresql logfile.
However, I'm note sure how to diagnostic performance issues.
I mean, if I see ssd are 100% full, how can I figure out why their
behavior changes ?

I'm asking myself another question, about master/slave configuration.
For doing my test, I will put my ssd server as slave of hdd server.
After that, I will promote him as master.
In case I still have performance issues and I must do a rollback, am I
necessarily forced to reconstruct completely my new slave (hdd) with
pg_basebackup (and wait some hours file are transferer), or can I
promote directly this old master as a slave without pending time to
reconstruct (as files should be the same on both servers) ?

Thanks
Thomas

От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Re: Performances issues with SSD volume ?
От: Glyn Astill
Сообщение: Re: Performances issues with SSD volume ?