Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)
Дата
Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/20/2015 03:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
>> Notably absent from the discussion is ODBC upon which JDBC was modelled and
>> probably predates any use of ? as an operator
> <historical-nitpicking>
>
> It would be a mistake to imagine that operators containing '?' are some
> johnny-come-lately.  The <?> operator for tintervals can be traced back
> at least to Postgres v4r2 (1994), which is the oldest tarball I have at
> hand.  Most of the current list are geometric operators that were added
> by Tom Lockhart in 1997.  The only ones that aren't old enough to vote
> are the JSONB ones we added last year.
>
> Not that the problem's not real, but these operators predate any attempt
> to make Postgres work with ODBC or JDBC or any other connector.  Otherwise
> we might've thought better of using '?'.
>
> </historical-nitpicking>

Yeah, I knew they were pretty old.

When did the SQL standard add any mention of ?

cheers

andrew

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: anole: assorted stability problems