Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 05/20/2015 03:34 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

>> The <?> operator for tintervals can be traced back at least to
>> Postgres v4r2 (1994), which is the oldest tarball I have at
>> hand.  Most of the current list are geometric operators that
>> were added by Tom Lockhart in 1997.

> When did the SQL standard add any mention of ?

FWIW, the first public, production release of Java in 1995 used it
for parameters.  ODBC 1.0 was released in 1992.  I would guess that
the question mark for parameters was there from the beginning, but
can't swear to it before 1995.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com