Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions
Дата
Re: pgsql: Separate block sampling functions  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-committers
On 05/15/2015 06:04 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 15 May 2015 at 04:59, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>> wrote:
>
>     The difference there was that that was specifically adding a new
>     feature
>     of value to FDWs.  This is just drive-by breakage.
>

> I think that comment is reasonable. I will continue with my commits of
> tablesample, then return to see if we can improve/revert the API
> breakage.

OK, good, but I'm not going to accept Michael's pull request until the
API is stable.

cheers

andrew

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: pgsql: Allow GiST distance function to return merely a lower-bound.