Re: Publishing Postgres Manual as a book

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: Publishing Postgres Manual as a book
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 23/03/2023 02:35 CET Siddharth Jain <siddhsql@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The Postgres Manual is available online as a PDF but I think having it in a
> book form could be useful to some.
>
> Is it legal for me to publish the manual as a book?

IANAL, but I'd say yes as long as you don't take a fee.  The legal notice of
the documentation grants distribution of the documentation "for any purpose,
without fee". [0]  Also mind the trademark policy. [1]

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/legalnotice.html
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/trademarks/

--
Erik