Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/12/2015 08:35 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Yes, sorry, I had a moment of brain fade yesterday. However, I think
> we're a bit under-documented on the pg_basebackup page, regarding both
> tar mode and tablespace_map (which isn't even mentioned).
>
> And there is this which I noticed this morning: the
> --tablespace-mapping feature of pg_basebackup seems to be quite broken
> in --format=tar mode - it simply has no effect AFAICT. I assume it was
> broken before, but we should either fix it (possibly hard) or disallow
> the combination (which would be a pity).
>
> I'm going to go ahead and commit this in the state I have it now,
> because for the most part these are preexisting deficiencies.

One more thing: I think pg_basebackup will now not work in tar mode with
pre-9.5 servers, since it will be using an unrecognized option of the
BASE_BACKUP protocol command. If so that certainly needs to be
documented and release noted.

cheers

andrew