Re: BUG #13273: A query that returns wrongly labeled result instead of syntax error

От Václav Brodec
Тема Re: BUG #13273: A query that returns wrongly labeled result instead of syntax error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thomas Munro writes:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM,  <v-brody@seznam.cz> wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      13273
>> Logged by:          Missing comma in SELECT list results in wrong label without error
>> Email address:      v-brody@seznam.cz
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
>> Operating system:   CentOS Linux
>>
>> Following query (notice the missing comma between top-level "x" and "y")
>> returns 1 (which is "x" value) under label "y" without any warning.
>>
>> select
>>      "x" "y"
>> from
>> (
>>      select
>>          "a" as "x", "b" as "y"
>>      from
>>      (
>>          select 1 as "a", 2 as "b"
>>      ) "subquery1"
>> ) "subquery2";
>>
>> Expected behavior: syntax error
>
> That is valid syntax, the AS keyword is optional (in PostgreSQL as
> well as in standard SQL):
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/sql-select.html
>
> postgres=# select 42 as y;
> ----
>   42
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# select 42 y;
> ----
>   42
> (1 row)

I'm really sorry, I realized that immediately after submitting.

Although I think that demanding explicit AS in this case (when
overshadowing some name) might be useful. :-)

Thank you for your time,

Václav Brodec