Re: LVM snapshots

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LVM snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Matt Clark" <matt@ymogen.net> writes:
> Does anyone know what (in general) would cause the notices that Murthy spotted in the logs as per the snippet below?

>> NOTICE:  Rel <table name>: Uninitialized page 54300 - fixing

There is a known mechanism for this to occur on certain key system catalogs,
see http://fts.postgresql.org/db/mw/msg.html?mid=1357214

We've seen some reports suggesting it can happen on user tables too, but
I don't know what the mechanism is or whether there's any risk of data
loss.  If you can make this happen reproducibly (or at least with decent
probability) on tables other than pg_class, pg_type, pg_attribute, pg_proc,
then I'd be real interested to see a test case.