Re: plpgsql functions organisation

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: plpgsql functions organisation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 05/02/2015 10:12 AM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> AFAIK, you cannot "package" functions in  PostgreSQL, but it is possible to
> call a function from within a function.
>
> That being said, I would seriously look at how and why you are writing
> your functions
> as functions that call other functions are not very efficient.

I am not following. That is what packaging is about, separating out
'units of work' so they can be combined as needed. Part of that is using
existing functions in new functions/classes. In fact in the Postgres
source I see this in many places. Now it is entirely possible I missed a
memo, so I am open to a more detailed explanation of the inefficiencies
involved.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: plpgsql functions organisation
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql functions organisation