Re: WIP partial replication patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP partial replication patch
Дата
Re: WIP partial replication patch  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
> attached is a WIP patch that will eventually implement
> partial replication, with the following syntax:

This fundamentally cannot work, as it relies on system catalogs to be
valid during recovery.  Another rather basic problem is that you've
got to pass system catalog updates downstream (in case they affect
the tables being replicated) but if you want partial replication then
many of those updates will be incorrect for the slave machine.

More generally, though, we are going to have our hands full for the
foreseeable future trying to get the existing style of replication
bug-free and performant.  I don't think we want to undertake any large
expansion of the replication feature set, at least not for some time
to come.  So you can count on me to vote against committing anything
like this into core.