Re: WIP partial replication patch

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: WIP partial replication patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>  Another rather basic problem is that you've
> got to pass system catalog updates downstream (in case they affect
> the tables being replicated) but if you want partial replication then
> many of those updates will be incorrect for the slave machine.

Couldn't this be taken care of by replicating the objects but not any
data for them?  That is, the tables and indexes would exist, but be empty?

> More generally, though, we are going to have our hands full for the
> foreseeable future trying to get the existing style of replication
> bug-free and performant.  I don't think we want to undertake any large
> expansion of the replication feature set, at least not for some time
> to come.  So you can count on me to vote against committing anything
> like this into core.

I imagine it'll take more than a year to get this to work, if we ever
do.  Probably good to put it on a git branch and that way those who want
to can continue long-term work on it.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com