Re: database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions
Дата
Re: database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions  (Octavi Fors <octavi@live.unc.edu>)
Список pgsql-general
On 04/16/2015 02:01 PM, Octavi Fors wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have one newbie question which I hope one kind soul of this list can
> help me.
>
> The situation is that I have two postgresql servers:
>
>    -9.2 running on Ubuntu 12.04 with a database 'db' already created and
> populated with data,
>
>    -9.3 running on Ubuntu 14.04.02 with no database created (no tables,
> no data),
>
> I want to migrate the database 'db' (tablespace+tables+data) from
> computer with 9.2 server to computer with 9.3 server.
>
> Note: database 'db' is living on a NAS mounted via NFS, with a
> tablespace modification I was given in this list last week:
>
> CREATE TABLESPACE onNAS LOCATION '/NAS-box/pgsql-data';
> CREATE DATABASE db TABLESPACE onNAS;
>

> I would appreciate if you could provide commands I can type to make me
> start with the process.

Well it is an upgrade from one major version to another, so you have the
following options using Postgres core utilities:

1) Do a dump and restore:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/app-pgdump.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

2) Use pg_upgrade:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/pgupgrade.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Waiting on ExclusiveLock on extension
Сообщение: Re: Waiting on ExclusiveLock on extension