Re: Waiting on ExclusiveLock on extension

От Andomar
Тема Re: Waiting on ExclusiveLock on extension
Дата
Re: Waiting on ExclusiveLock on extension  (Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for your reply.
> This issue has been complained several times, and here is the most recent one:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0DDFB621-7282-4A2B-8879-A47F7CECBCE4@simply.name
That post is about a server with huge shared_buffers, but ours is just
8GB. Total memory 48GB memory on a dedicated server. Checkpoints write
around 2% of the buffers.
> PG 9.4.1 shall have much alleviated it by relaxing buffer pool related
> locks. PG 9.4.1 shall be actually better in relation extension
> handling - a possible explanation is that your 9.3.5 database has been
> used for a while thus there are holes in pages, so not many extensions
> are required.
The 9.3.5 version went live as an upgrade from 9.1.x in the same way. So
it started from an SQL dump. The load has not changed much since the
9.3.5 upgrade.

With holes in pages, I suppose you mean the fill factor? Is there a way
to see the current fillfactor of a table and its indices?

Kind regards,
Andomar

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: database migration question between different ubuntus and different postgresql server versions