Re: Cannot connect from local network to my postgresql server

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Cannot connect from local network to my postgresql server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/09/2015 03:00 AM, dlefebvre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use ubuntu 14.01 and i install a postgresql 9.3 server. I want to connect
> an other pc from local network to this server. But the server seems to only
> listen on localhost.
>
> There is the conf files :
>
> pg_hba.conf :
>
> # TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
>
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32
> @authmethodhost@
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all             all             ::1/128
> @authmethodhost@
> # Allow replication connections from localhost, by a user with the
> # replication privilege.
> #local   replication     @default_username@
> @authmethodlocal@
> #host    replication     @default_username@        127.0.0.1/32
> @authmethodhost@
> #host    replication     @default_username@        ::1/128
> @authmethodhost@
>
> host all all 192.168.1.127 255.255.255.0 md5
>
> (192.168.1.127 is the ip of the pc i want to connect)
>
> postgresql.conf (with the only lines i changed) :
>
> # - Connection Settings -
>
> tcpip_socket = true
>
> listen_addresses = '*'            # what IP address(es) to listen on;
>                     # comma-separated list of addresses;
>                     # defaults to 'localhost'; use '*' for all
>                     # (change requires restart)
> port = 5432                # (change requires restart)
>
> my iptables are setup :
>
> :~$ sudo iptables -L
> [sudo] password for dlefebvre:
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp
> dpt:postgresql
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp
> dpt:postgresql
> :~$
>
> and so, using netstat it seems like the server only listen on localhost :
>
> :~$ netstat -lt
> Active Internet connections (only servers)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
> tcp        0      0 dlefebvre-ubuntu:domain *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 localhost:postgresql    *:*                     LISTEN
> tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:ipp       [::]:*                  LISTEN
> :~$
>
> Logs dosen't show any errors and of course the server is running, i can
> access in localhost without any trouble.
>
> I google all link i could found, every people who had the same issue made
> mistake in configuration file. I think i am not, this is why i request your
> help.
>
> Thanks for your time, i stay avaible if you need any more information.

So did  you restart Postgres after making the changes to postgresql.conf?

Are you sure you are working on the correct postgresql.conf file?

Or to put it another way is there more than one instance of Postgres on
the machine?

What error do you get on the remote client  end when you try to connect?