Re: Recovering database after disk crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Recovering database after disk crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Vic Simkus" <vic.simkus@gmail.com> writes:
> If I'm understanding the errors correctly it seems that the corruption
> is in the system catalogs (metadata). The database does not use any
> fancy datatypes. Is there any way for me to rebuild the metadata
> manually? If I can see the leftover metadata and the data minus the
> missing metadata I can probably piece everything together enough to
> get the data out.

Based on the evidence so far, the disk failure has zeroed out multiple,
randomly-chosen pages of your system catalogs.  I'd think it very likely
indeed that random pages of your table files got the same favor.
You won't have any way to know what is missing ...

Сообщение: Re: Recovering database after disk crash
Сообщение: Re: Recovering database after disk crash