Re: Postgresql Development Options

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgresql Development Options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/05/2015 01:46 PM, Ray Madigan wrote:
> The application will be very small, its main function is as a data
> acquision tool that reads data from an c api and does minimal processing
> and feeds it off to a postgresql database for offline processing.  I
> haven't written the PC side application yet, just a prototype in Qt.  It
> just hast to be as fast as possible, or I would java.  I am comfortable
> with c++, but would use other language if it would get the job done.

Similar to QT is WxWidgets:

https://www.wxwidgets.org/

though I would not call it simple. Also it does not have  built in
database connectors, so you would have to hook that in separately. To
get around this I have in the past used Dabo:

http://dabodev.com/

which is Python 'binding' to WxWidgets, in the sense that it uses
WxWidgets but under its own framework. It does have a database layer
that in the case of Postgres, uses the psycopg2 driver.

My guess though is that you might find using libpq
(www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/libpq.html) directly
as the database connector with your existing Qt application a better
alternative.

> The ui is used basically to control the device that is generating the
> data, and parsing it into sql to send to the database.  Very simple.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ps, if I shouldn't include your email in my response tell me, I am not
> sure what the conventions are.

sure posts get through in the event of list issues.

> On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 04/05/2015 01:21 PM, Ray Madigan wrote:
>
>         I have been using postgresql in java off and on for many years.
>           I now
>         have an assignemtn where I have to build a very straight forward
>         networked application that needs to be able to insert Array data
>         types
>         from a windows environment to a remote Linux Postgresql database.
>
>         My first attempt was to use Qt.  Their is a postgresql driver
>         and found
>         out the hard way that it doesn't support the Array data type.  I
>         need a
>         small ui so the user can set options for the application.   My
>         question
>         is, are there other UI options that I can use to development this
>         application.
>

>     What languages are you comfortable with?
>
>     Seems from the above the UI is separate from the application, is
>     that the case?
>
>     Is so what is the application written in?
>

>         Thanks in advance.
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Development Options
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Development Options