Re: seq scan on indexed column

От Zhang, Anna
Тема Re: seq scan on indexed column
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tycho,You saved us!
This problem really bothered us for a while, now we know why we had hard
time before. But I think it is a postgres bug. Thanks a lot!

Anna Zhang

-----Original Message-----
From: postgresql@fruru.com [mailto:postgresql@fruru.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 5:29 PM
To: Zhang, Anna
Cc: 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] seq scan on indexed column

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Zhang, Anna wrote:

> gtld_analysis=# explain SELECT NETBLOCK_START
> gtld_analysis-# FROM GTLD_OWNER
> gtld_analysis-# WHERE NETBLOCK_START = -2147483648;

You might want to try the same query but with the constant integer
enclosed in single quotes.  I find that (at least for int8) this changes
the behaviour wrt index usage -- most probably due to automatic
typecasting in the postgresql SQL parser.

Hope this helps...
Tycho

--
Tycho Fruru            tycho.fruru@conostix.com
Users' impressions of different operating systems, expressed as emoticons: