Re: logical column ordering

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: logical column ordering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23.3.2015 19:52, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Not sure how that's supposed to improve the situation? Also, when you
>> change the status to 'stalled', it only makes it more difficult to
>> identify why it was stalled (was it waiting for author or a review?).
>>
>> What might be done is tracking "time since last patch/review", but
>> I really don't know how we're going to identify that considering
>> the problems with identifying which messages are patches.
>

> Perhaps I explained myself poorly. I am proposing having a totally
> automated/mechanical way of highlighting no actual change in status
> in the CF app. So I think we are in agreement here, or close enough.
> I was just talking about a somewhat arbitrary point at which patches
> are considered to have stalled within the CF app.

Oh, right. Yes, tracking time since the last status change like this
might be useful, although my experience is that many patches are stuck
at some status yet there was a long discussion on the list ...  Not sure
if that counts as 'stalled'.

--
Tomas Vondra                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/