Re: PATCH: numeric timestamp in log_line_prefix

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: PATCH: numeric timestamp in log_line_prefix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22.3.2015 02:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 12:47:12AM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> from time to time I need to correlate PostgreSQL logs to other logs,
>> containing numeric timestamps - a prime example of that is pgbench. With
>> %t and %m that's not quite trivial, because of timezones etc.
>>
>> I propose adding two new log_line_prefix escape sequences - %T and %M,
>> doing the same thing as %t and %m, but formatting the value as a number.
>>
>> Patch attached, I'll add it to CF 2015-06.
>
> Uh, I think you mean "number" here:
>
>          <entry>Time stamp without milliseconds (as a numer)</entry>
>                                                       -----

Oh, right, that's a stupid typo.

> Also, what "number" do you mean?  Unix time since 1970?

Yes, the usual unix timestamp.

--
Tomas Vondra                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Zero-padding and zero-masking fixes for to_char(float)