Re: Slaves show different results for query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Slaves show different results for query
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> The reason I ask is that the machine you are having problems with has OS
> X. Over the years I have seen quite a few reports on this list of OS X
> locale/encoding issues.

Yes.  Here's the problem: OS X UTF8 locales (other than C) don't sort the
same as UTF8 locales on Linux.  Because of this, the index created by the
master is effectively corrupt from the standpoint of the OS X slave; it's
not in the correct sort order.  It might sometimes find the right results
anyway, but often not.

You might be able to get away with the described configuration if you
recreate the database using C locale, but personally I wouldn't risk it.
Masters and slaves in a WAL-shipping replication configuration should be
on substantially identical platforms, else you're just asking for trouble.

Сообщение: Re: Slaves show different results for query
Сообщение: Re: Slaves show different results for query