Re: Installing PostgreSQL fails

От Jan-Peter Seifert
Тема Re: Installing PostgreSQL fails
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello Josef,

open services (services.msc) and check which user the service has been
registered to ( default name is postgres ).
Is this really the VERY same user used for the old instance?
If not he has a different ID and has to be given the necessary file
permissions:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#What_filesystem_permissions_does_PostgreSQL_require.3F

The owner of the service should be a local user and not member of a domain.

And you should really check Windows' event log for the error messages
during service startup.

Good luck!

Peter