Re: Security with V9.3.3 standby servers

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Security with V9.3.3 standby servers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2/26/15 11:15 AM, John Scalia wrote:
> An edict has been handed down here from on high that no script shall
> ever contain any password in cleartext for any reason. Well this is
> problem with a streaming replication standby server's recovery.conf file
> as the line primary_conninfo = contains said replication user's password
> for that connection. Is there any sort of plan to allow this to be md5
> or some such encoded? Or what else could I do in this case?

You can put the password in the a .pgpass file.  Not sure if that counts
as a "script".

Or you can do away with passwords and authenticate using SSL client
certificates.

Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL fails
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostgreSQL fails