Error when trying to create Database Cluster

От Arnold, Sandra
Тема Error when trying to create Database Cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I am running the following initdb command and get the following error.

initdb -A md5 -D /pgsql/ftrp/data9 -E UTF8 --locale=C -U postgres -W
initdb: error while loading shared libraries: /app/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/libedit.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied
I am using the one-click installer from EnterpriseDB to install the software.  The files are owned by root:daemon and have read/execute privileges at the world level.  Right now I cannot find anything when I google this issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandra Arnold
Senior Database Administrator
Contractor to DOE/OSTI