Re: Building binary...

От Morten Sickel
Тема Re: Building binary...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

From: Gaetano Mendola [mailto:mendola@bigfoot.com]

> I'm trying to build the binaries of  Postgresql 7.2 for Redhat 7.1
>
> This was the resoult:

(Failed dependencies)
> I tried to find a new binary for gettext without result, so I
> donwloaded
> the source, I installed the version 0.10.40:
>
> root@XXX>  gettest --version
> gettext (GNU gettext) 0.10.40
>
> but I obatin the same error:
>
> root@XXX>  rpm --rebuild postgresql-7.2-1PGDG.src.rpm
> Installing postgresql-7.2-1PGDG.src.rpm
> error: failed build dependencies:
>  gettext >= 0.10.36 is needed by postgresql-7.2-1PGDG

I would guess that it is looking up in the RPM database for gettext, and as
it is not installed from an RPM, it is not registered there. Have you tried
building it from the .tar.gz file? (That kind of problems caused me to quit
using RPMs allthogether, and rather install from source, everything is just
a ./configure && make && make install away...)

regards

Morten