Re: Performance of Postgresql Foreign Data Wrapper

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Performance of Postgresql Foreign Data Wrapper
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 1/14/15 10:48 AM, Cassiano, Marco wrote:
> Both query were issued repeatedly to get rid of disk access and database
> connection overhead time.
>
> Activating duration and statement logging on the remote server I can see
> that the query issued through the fdw from the LOCAL SERVER
>
> is actually performed by opening a cursor :

I don't think the cursor is the issue here, but can you try running
those same commands directly on the remote server to make sure?

It looks like it's the fetch itself that's slow, which makes me wonder
if there's some network or other problem.