Re: PQgetssl() and alternative SSL implementations

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: PQgetssl() and alternative SSL implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/28/2015 06:58 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> >Although I think "OpenSSL SSL" is a little bit duplicatively
>> >redundant.  Why not just "OpenSSL"?
> I wondered also, but figured it was probably because it's OpenSSL's
> "ssl" structure, which then made sense.

Right, that was the idea. I wanted it to include the word "OpenSSL", to
make it clear in the callers that it's specific to OpenSSL. And SSL,
because that's the name of the struct. I agree it looks silly, though.
One idea is to have two separate arguments: the implementation name, and
the struct name. PQgetSSLstruct(&ssl, "OpenSSL", "SSL") would look less
silly.

- Heikki