Re: pg_upgrade and rsync

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and rsync
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade and rsync  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/27/15 9:29 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
>> My point is that Bruce's patch suggests looking for "remote_dir" in
>> >the rsync documentation, but no such term appears there.
> Ah, well, perhaps we could simply add a bit of clarification to this:
>
> for details on specifying <option>remote_dir</>

The whole remote_dir discussion made me think of something... would --link-dest be any help here?
       --link-dest=DIR              This option behaves like --copy-dest, but unchanged files are hard linked from DIR
tothe des-              tination  directory.   The  files  must be identical in all preserved attributes (e.g. permis-
           sions, possibly ownership) in order for the files to be linked together.  An example:

                rsync -av --link-dest=$PWD/prior_dir host:src_dir/ new_dir/