Re: New CF app deployment

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: New CF app deployment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/26/2015 12:46 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I find the new tool essentially unusable - having one
> link to the whole thread instead of individual links to just the
> important messages in that thread is a huge regression for me, as is
> the lack of the most recent activity on the summary page.

Well, if it's essentially unusable, then we've reached parity with the
old app (yes, you deserved that).

The difference between the old and new apps is that it's actually
*possible* to improve things on the new app, which was never going to
happen on the old one.  There's also a significant advantage in knowing
that the entire email thread is available on a patch without someone
having to remember to manually paste in each message ID, something which
failed to happen at least 1/3 of the time for important messages.

What would be cool is a way to "flag" individual messages in the email
thread as being important.  Will give it some thought and suggest something.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.