Re: Back to my pg_upgrade stoppage problem

От John Scalia
Тема Re: Back to my pg_upgrade stoppage problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I did manage to get everything working properly yesterday. What I did not first realize is that while pg_upgrade
requiresboth the original server and the new one to be off, if
your original server is the primary in a streaming replication cluster, then the standby(s) must still be running when
youstart pg_upgrade. The temporary table creation appeared
hung as the primary was waiting on the standby to commit the change, but it wasn't running. After resolving that, I hit
anothersnag where pgpool had a function installed that I
couldn't easily find to remove it. pg_upgrade would fail stating it couldn't find the function's *.so to apply to the
newinstance. I ended up pulling a pg_dumpall from the
original instance, and manually looked in that to find anything with the name pgpool in it. I then removed those from
theDb, and pg_upgrade completed successfully.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. I just needed to think a little harder on what was happening.

On 1/21/2015 10:46 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 10:56:19AM -0500, John Scalia wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm back to trying to figure out the pg_upgrade stoppage problem on
>> my V9.4.0 upgrade from V9.3.3. As stated earlier, my environment is
>> CentOS 6.5 kernel and the server is virtualized, but has been
>> running 9.3.3 for some time now. I ran pg_upgrade on this system as
>> follows, I apologize for the length of the message but I putting the
>> entire screen capture into this. You can see at the end that it got
>> hung up trying to create a temporary table, but the server has been
>> on this step for nearly an hour now. It had successfully performed
>> several queries prior to this, and those were successful.
> I suggest you upgrade to V9.3.5 at a minimum.  Second, try the why on
> its own to see if it works.

Сообщение: Re: Re: pg_basebackup bug: base backup is double the size of the database
Сообщение: Re: Re: pg_basebackup bug: base backup is double the size of the database