Re: Restore & Backup using Batch file

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Restore & Backup using Batch file
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 21/01/2015 06:52, parthdesai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to restore my .BACKUP file and create .BACKUP file using
> command line.As i have created backup from my client PC and wanted to
> restore that using Batch file.Please suggest me how can i achieve
> this if possible send me the example batch file for it. Below is the
> command i am using for CREATING backup but resulting into error after
> executing
>
> "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" --host 127.0.0.1
> --port 5432 --username "postgres" --password "Maestro" --verbose -F p
>  --file "D:\EMS1.backup" "GROVEL" pause

This question isn't relevant to pgAdmin; you'd do better to post to
pgsql-general instead.

Having said that, there's no --password option to pg_dump. You need to
use a .pgpass file instead:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-pgpass.html

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: parthdesai
Сообщение: Re: Restore & Backup using Batch file