Re: pgsql: Make path to pg_service.conf absolute in documentation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: Make path to pg_service.conf absolute in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 1/3/15 7:22 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Make path to pg_service.conf absolute in documentation
>
> The system file is always in the absolute path /etc/, not relative.

This change is incorrect.  pg_service.conf is never at
/etc/pg_service.conf.  It would be at /etc/postgresql/pg_service.conf,
if you configured with --sysconfdir=/etc.

I think the intent of the original wording was that it was in the etc
directory relative to the installation root.  I think that is more
correct than claiming that it is always in one particular location.