Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On lör, 2012-06-09 at 18:02 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm inclined to think that we should (continue to) have a hardwired
>> "primary" directory, which is the one that libpq is also configured
>> to look in by default.

> Yes.

>> But we could add a run-time-configured list of secondary directories to establish sockets in.

> Yes, I'm just pointing out that we already have that list
> (unix_socket_directory in postgresql.conf), except it's currently
> limited to length 1, because no one has needed a longer one until now.

That's not actually quite the same thing as what I suggest above.
Currently, unix_socket_directory *overrides* the compiled-in choice.
I'm suggesting that it would be better to invent a list that is *added
to* the compiled-in choice.  If we think it would be best to still be
able to override that, then I'd vote for keeping unix_socket_directory
as is, and then adding a list named something like
"secondary_socket_directories".   But if we just turn
unix_socket_directory into a list, I think the lack of separation
between primary and secondary directories will be confusing.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's better doing it as you suggest, but I
think this needs consideration.

Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets