Re: Scalability in postgres

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Scalability in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Just to say you don't need a mega server to keep thousands connections
with Oracle, it's just trivial, nor CPU affinity and other stuff you
may or may not need with Sybase :-)

Regarding PostgreSQL, I think it'll only benefit to have an integrated
connection pooler as it'll make happy all populations anyway:
  - those who don't like the idea may always disable it :-)
  - those who have a lot but mostly inactive sessions will be happy to
simplify session pooling
  - those who really seeking for the most optimal workload on their
servers will be happy twice: if there are any PG scalability limits,
integrated pooler will be in most cases more performant than external;
if there are no PG scalability limits - it'll still help to size PG
most optimally according a HW or OS capacities..

Rgds,
-Dimitri