Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On MySQL there is no changes if I set the number of sessions in the
config file to 400 or to 2000 - for 2000 it'll just allocate more
memory.

After latest fix with default_statistics_target=5, version 8.3.7 is
running as fast as 8.4, even 8.4 is little little bit slower.

I understand your position with a pooler, but I also want you think
about idea that 128 cores system will become a commodity server very
soon, and to use these cores on their full power you'll need a
database engine capable to run 256 users without pooler, because a
pooler will not help you here anymore..

Rgds,
-Dimitri